Monday, April 7, 2014

Old Testament Word & Image: Isaiah 50:4-7 & Matthew Brady

 
 
 



Isaiah 50:4-7

 
“The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak a
 word in season to him who is weary.
 

Group of contrabands [runaway slaves] at Foller's house, Mathew Brady
 
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear
To hear as the learned.
The Lord God has opened My ear;
And I was not rebellious,
Nor did I turn away.

Gordon, Mathew Brady
 

I gave My back to those who struck Me,
And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
 
 
Contrabands_at_Headquarters_of_General_Lafayette._Mathew_Brady
 
“For the Lord God will help Me;
Therefore I will not be disgraced;
Therefore I have set My face like a flint,
And I know that I will not be ashamed.
 
Slave Children, Mathew Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment